What is The Lived Experience Advisory Panel?
We are recruiting for The Lived Experience Advisory Panel (LEAP).
The aim of The LEAP is to make sure that people with lived experience influence the strategic thinking and governance of Revolving Doors.
The LEAP will:
• Work in partnership with Revolving Doors Board of Trustees, Senior Management Team and Regional Lived Experience Forums.
• Ensure that the lived experience perspective is at the heart of our decision making.
• Be a ‘critical friend’ for Revolving Doors and appropriately challenge where necessary.
• Be inclusive, diverse and strive to reflect the wide range of experiences within the revolving door group.
• Make Revolving Doors more effective in achieving its aims.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking to recruit a diverse and vibrant team of people who meet the following person specification:
1. Have experience of the criminal justice system within, approximately, the previous 3 years (this may include prison, probation, community orders, etc.) and experienced the revolving door (see diagram on page 1).
2. The ability to think strategically and support Revolving Doors aim to influence policy makers to improve the criminal justice system.
3. Have excellent communication and listening skills.
4. The ability to enable others to express their views and respect different perspectives.
5. An interest in personal development and progression.
6. A commitment to diversity and the ability to create an inclusive environment.
7. Ability to act as an ambassador for Revolving Doors in formal settings.
How will the LEAP work?
The LEAP Members will agree the details of exactly how they will work together. However, we would expect the LEAP to:
• Meet with Revolving Doors Senior Management Team on a regular basis.
• Meet before each Board Meeting to prepare agenda items • Have representatives presenting at Board Meetings
• Attend the Board Annual Away Day
• Support the facilitation of Revolving Doors Lived Experience Forums
LEAP Members would work as a team to share responsibilities. We would estimate a minimum of 12 days commitment a year. The role will involve travelling (we are a national organisation based in London).
Involvement in the LEAP will be for a maximum of two years.
The LEAP will work with Board of Trustees and our 3 regional lived experience forums.
How will I be supported?
For every LEAP Member we will:
Create a skills audit and a personal development plan.
Provide training for the role (facilitation, communication, influencing power, etc.)
Signpost and support to access further opportunities.
Pay all reasonable expenses. It might be possible to make payments for attending meetings. We only make payments within “permitted to work” legislation.
How do I apply to join the LEAP?
There are 3 ways to apply for this role:
In writing (maximum length 1 page)
A film recording (maximum 2 minutes)
A voice recording (maximum 2 minutes)
Choose 1 way of applying. Recordings can be done using your phone (don’t worry about quality as long as you can be clearly heard).
Please answer the following questions:
1. I am interested in the role because…
2. The skills and experience I will bring to the role are…
Please send your attachment/recording to: Andy.email@example.com Or via WhatsApp (mobile number below)
Deadline: 10am Monday 20th May 2019
If shortlisted, you will be invited to attend an interview in London.
If you would like an informal conversation to find out more about the role, please call:
Head of Involvement
T: 020 7407 0747 M: 075 4053 4090